The holidays are a really good time to date and find love. Although it’s a very hectic time of the year, other singles just like you look around and wish they had someone special during the holiday season. Here are 7 practical and easy ways to use the holidays to your dating advantage.
- Take new profile photos when you dress up. Over the holidays, you’ll be putting on nice clothes to attend family or religious events. Plan what you’ll wear ahead of time, snap some photos, and then upload them to your online dating profile! Be sure to take lots of pictures and select the best.
- Reach out to several others online. Even if you’re busy with your holiday to-do list and family gatherings, don’t put your dating life on hold. Reach out to others online and make them feel special. Tell them, “I saw your profile and you sound incredible. This is such a wonderful and joyous time of the year. I’d love to share a holiday drink or meal with you.”
- Give back to the community. The holidays are the best time to remember those who need help. Lots of people feel good by volunteering at a local soup kitchen, food bank, or children’s hospital. You’ll be glad you did it, and you’ll meet others who are similar and single.
- Attend local parties and social gatherings. There are always many parties and singles community events during the holiday season. Check out the holiday event listings in your local newspaper or online. Don’t miss these parties because people are cheerier and easier to talk to at this time of the year.
- Expand your geographic area. When you travel to visit family or friends over the holidays, change the geographic area on your online profile to include matches in the city/state you’ll be visiting. You’ll increase your pool of eligible potential partners and long distance relationships do work.
- Head to the theatre for a seasonal play. Whether at a well-known venue downtown or at your local school’s auditorium, there are tons of holiday productions taking the stage this time of the year. Get out, talk to the person sitting next to you, and stay for the after-glow parties or discussions at the theater.
- Hit the slopes or go ice skating with a friend. Try an outdoor activity over the holidays with a friend. Even if you’re not experienced, you can take a group class. By going with a friend, you can more easily talk to others outdoors or enjoy a hot chocolate in the lodge later.